seagull! if! smart notes! brighton festival! cake!
- It's been another busy week but I feel like I've got it a lot more under control than last week :) I've stopped doing a lot of things I was trying to make habits of but which weren't actually that beneficial to wellbeing, better to keep things simple.
- Seagull has started! I'm excited to be doing something that's not just me doing my thing.
- I've been trying intermittent fasting for the last few months; on that 16:8—the chief benefit for me so far has been that my energy might be somewhat diminished overall but it's far more 'level'—I think as a result of my improved insulin sensitivity.
- I've started reading How To Take Smart Notes by Sönke Ahrens, seems quite useful but I might hold off until the next Roam Book Club starts and read through with the folk on there.
- CM and I have been to a good number of Brighton Festival events—most of which I've been writing up for Seagull! It's nice to be going to things in places again :)
- Made a cake for Josef's birthday, first cake I've made in absolutely ages!
- I'm now the deputy secretary of UTAW! The position was open and having been a branch and constituncy secretary in the Labour party, I feel very strongly the secretary should be supported as much as possible! If there's an official position that can let me do that, so much the better.
This week I wrote about my new local publication Seagull, the way people front on the Internet, a lightly rewritten piece from the archive (I don't always call that out in the post itself; I wonder if I should?) about public spaces, and twice about our fave Big Dom.
- Via Tom, a swimming songbird recording.
- Deutsche Bank toilet drama.
- Interesting piece about GP demand management and online systems vs phone systems from policyskeptic.
- More Dom chat: James Butler in the LRB.
- Matt Webb on talent identification (I really like the anecdote at the end.
Please subscribe via RSS or email. Tell your friends, if you think they'd be interested. If you want to get in touch, please email me at this address, with the obviously fake part removed!
Off to bed. Over and out.