dubs, mugs, plugs
- Quite severely bruised my foot last weekend kicking my friend in the kneecap at MMA. The rest of these weeknotes are written while limping.
- We had our 'actual' Valentine's Day at the weekend, so the 14th was a nice cosy evening of leftover masoor dal, Planet India bhajis and the Lost S3 finale.
- I've started working with a new client, and it's been immediately really easy to fit in with their rhythms and way of doing things, which is what you always hope for!
- Went to the Basketmakers with some friends in the week; realised it's the first time I've been in there since early 2020? I love the Basketmakers, best pub in Brighton, and they've got some YellowHammer Carnival cider, which is cracking.
- Man came to replace the hob, which shattered when I dropped a mug on it. CM has since been telling everyone to buy Cornishware mugs because they're apparently indestructable. New hob is instantly better by virtue of having temperature dials, not buttons.
- We went to Dublin! Due to its unfortunately coinciding with Storm Eunice, our trip out was very delayed and it rained the whole time, but apparently that's normal.
- Dublin feels like a continental European capital but also like London. (I'm told there's a reason for this.) Nice old buildings, less nice new ones, a lot of pubs.
- We met up with my friend Sean, who I've not seen for ages, which was lovely; and CM's friend Rob who I'd not met before. We also ate far too much—strong rcommendations for The Rolling Donut, The Vegan Sandwich Co and Sova Vegan Butcher.
- Then back home, where we were again delayed, but thankfully less so. And sleeping 😴